My preference for recipes are ones that are fast and don’t require a lot of utensils. There are plenty of chickpea hummus recipes that call for making different aspects of it separately. I prefer to mix it all in one blender jar, and it’s done!
I love how protein-packed this dish is. I don’t feel any guilt having this with a packet of nachos.
Serving size: Makes a large bowl. Good enough to eat some and store or for a party
- 2 cups boiled chickpeas
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds (or 1 tbsp Tahini if you have that lying around)
- 5 cloves of garlic (medium-sized)
- ¼ cup cold water
- ½ tbsp roasted cumin powder
- ½ tbsp paprika
- Salt to taste
- Deseeded olives on the side (optional)
- Please don’t buy a can of chickpeas. Get dry chickpeas, soak them overnight, and boil them till soft. Wait for it to cool.
- Add all the ingredients except for the spices and the cold water in the blender and whizz till smooth.
- Add the cold water before a final mix.
- Add salt to taste.
- When serving, top it with the spices and add a drizzle of olive oil as well.
- Serve with pita bread, lavash, nachos, or even carrots.
Chickpea can be hard to digest, so try to reign yourself in from the yumminess after a couple of tablespoons.